What is CrossFit?
CrossFit is at its core constantly varied functional movement done at high intensity. CrossFit is designed to improve overall fitness and health. There are 10 basic physical skills to fitness:
- Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability o body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit,or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
I have never done crossfit, do you offer a session for beginners?
Absolutely! We offer personal training and a 101 course to get you to where you need to be for the group workouts. Every exercise and/or skill we perform and teach is able to be scaled or modified for the participant.
I’m not the most fit man in the world but have a lot of heart and want to get fit. Is this something that I can consider or is it just generally for fit individuals?
Anyone can do CrossFit, that’s the beauty of it. Our trainers are able to scale the workouts for whatever the athlete’s fitness level is.
Is there a minimum age for the unlimited classes?
I am a member of another box but would like to switch to Armor CrossFit, would I need to come to the 101 class?
Are there any rules?
- Be early. If you’re not early, you’re late. Give yourself enough time to change, and warm-up before class starts. Those of you with smaller bladders may also want to reserve some time for a bathroom trip. Most likely that means showing up at least 10 minutes prior to class. You must be ON TIME to participate in the workout. An exception may be made if the athlete performs 30 burpees and is able to have equipment ready BEFORE the Coach starts the WOD.
- Check your ego at the door. Somewhere a high school kid is warming up with your PR.
- Be aware and respectful of your surroundings. If there is teaching going on stay quiet so people can hear and learn. If there is a WOD going on, stay out of the way and off the equipment until your class begins.
- Our coaches are to be treated with the same respect that the owners are. These coaches are our direct representatives, and when the owners are not at the box, they are in charge. Any disrespect will not be tolerated and any issues that come up will lead to immediate cancellation of the offender’s membership.
- Welcome those who are new! Extend your hand in friendship and help instruct those who need help. We want you to make friends and welcome new ones into our awesome community!
- If someone passes out and/or vomits…they are simply “resting”.
- You can scream, yell, swear, shout, cry, whimper, grunt, bleed, puke and pass out. JUST DON’T QUIT.
- Use as much chalk as you need, but keep the excess inside the bucket.
- Try hard. Effort earns respect.
- Work hard. Don’t drag people down with a bad attitude. Be optimistic, have fun and push yourself and those around you to do better.
- Don’t cheat. No one cares what your score was. Everyone cares if you cheated.
- Be honest with everyone else, and be honest with yourself. You know what full range of motion is, so there’s no excuse for shoddy reps. If someone calls you out for doing something wrong, listen to them. The person standing around watching you work out has a much better perspective on what you’re doing than you do.
- Clean up and put away all equipment after each workout. Clean up sweat, spit, blood, chalk, dirt, vomit, handprints and whatever else you’ve left behind. Don’t forget to put your water bottles in the trash too.
- Learn to “love the suck”. Yes our WODs are hard and the weight is heavy, if this was easy everyone else would be doing
- Don’t make us ask for your money, you know when your payment is due. Payments are due at the 1st or 15th of the month and will be automatically withdrawn from your account when set up with our automated payment system. Please keep your contact & payment information up to date with Armor CrossFit.
- HAVE FUN!!! This is an amazing community to be a part of and we want you to be a part of it!